Official news from Pooki's Mahi's Founder/CEO, Leslie Magsalay-Zeller.
Pooki's Mahi's execs has been working on converting our entire 100% Kona coffee single serve, 100% Maui Mokka coffee pods, 100% Ka'u coffee single serves and the 10% Kona coffee blends single serve pods into a Keurig 2.0 compatible version without:
- Sacrificing quality of the 100% Kona coffees
- Straying away from our 100% recyclable cups (99% mesh, 1% #5 plastic)
- Sacrificing our JIT (Just In Time) goal (or close to it) - our repeat customers want their 100% Kona coffees single serve "fresh" and delivered within 3-5 business days.
Proud to announce that Keurig 2.0 compatible cups will ship from our new manufacturing facility in May. Kosher, Fair Trade and BRC manufacturing certifications. We're phasing the shipments to accommodate our brand ambassadors (celebrities, high tech executives, supply chain partners) and our top 1% resellers. An official press release will launch in May detailing each SKU (product).
Pay $40.88 per shipment on any 100% Kona Coffee Pods Single Serve 6 month subscription plan.
Estimated Ship Dates:
- 5/6/2016 - 100% Kona coffee, Medium single serve
- 5/6/2016 - 100% Kona Decaf coffee single serve
- 5/13/2016 - 100% Kona Estate Extra Fancy coffee single serve
- 5/13/2016 - 100% Maui Mokka coffee single serve
- TBD - 100% Kona Peaberry coffee single serve
- TBD - 100% Kona French Roast coffee single serve
- TBD - 100% Ka'u coffee single serve
Subscribers' orders are prioritized higher than standard orders and at the same level as our top 1% resellers.
We will increase the cost to $54.99 on marketplaces like Amazon to combat rogue (unqualified / unapproved) resellers who hijack Pooki's Mahi's listings and sell below the MAP price (of $47.88 USD). Unapproved resellers have sold fraudulent Pooki's Mahi 100% Kona coffee single serves.
Customers are better off by purchasing a 6-month subscription plan.
Thanks for understanding and your support.
Pooki's Mahi will not manufacture a Keurig 2.0 specific cup. There isn't enough customer demand to justify the cost of manufacturing a Keurig 2.0 specific cup.
- Keurig 2.0 brewer customers: <10 customers
- Keurig 1.0 brewer customers: 10,000+ customers (estimate 150,000+ total customers if we include our business customers end buyers.)
- Cost: Cost to produce Keurig 2.0 lid per cup: $1 extra (tooling, plates, ink)
- Manufacturing Issue: Current Keurig 2.0 cups do not meet Pooki's Mahi's 95% mesh design. It's made out of 100% solid #5 plastic.
- Customer Issue: Customers can't smell the 100% Kona Coffee, 100% Maui Mokka Coffee or 100% Ka'u Coffee in the Single Serve cup.
Existing customer base (65% repeat buyers) purchase Pooki's Mahi's Single Serves because of the high quality, value (price per cup) and free shipping (<2 days to fulfill + 1-3 days transit time pending weather).
POLICY: Keurig 2.0 Adapters (as of 12/24/2015)
(1) Keurig 2.0 Adapter will be included in all 100% Kona coffee, 100% Hawaiian coffee and 10% Kona coffee single serves in Spring 2016. Pooki's Mahi will not ship additional Keurig 2.0 Adapters.
Customers must purchase additional Keurig 2.0 Adapters. We recommend using Amazon.
- Cost Issue: Cost to ship (1) Keurig 2.0 Adapter: $15.99 - $25.99 (depending on final destination - ship to address).
- There isn't a solution to adapt Keurig 1.0 cups for Keurig 2.0 brewers. Every solution manufacturing tested resulted in known problems.
Work around until the Keurig 2.0 Adapters are included in all Pooki's Mahi's 100% Kona Coffee, 100% Hawaiian, and 10% Kona Flavored Single Serve shipments.
If you recently purchased a Pooki's Mahi's 100% Kona coffee single serves and have a Keurig 2.0 brewer:
- Go to Pooki's Mahi's Support Center
- Create a case
- Include the Order # and address
We'll ship an approved Keurig 2.0 Adapter to the address provided via the case. Limit (1) per order.
KNOWN ISSUES - Existing Keurig 2.0 Adapters
There isn't a solution to adapt Keurig 1.0 cups for Keurig 2.0 brewers. Every solution manufacturing tested resulted in known problems.
We'll revisit which adapter to include in all of Pooki's Mahi's Single Serve products. Adapter Type #1 will be included in all single serve shipments. Manufacturing is QA'ing Adapter Type #2. Customer feedback will determine the next steps.
Adapter Type #1: Freedom Clip, Clever Clip, Clip
- US based manufacture produces the same orange clip for single serve cup manufacturing. Gourmet Coffee (Rogers Family Coffee) version is black/orange in color. Pooki's Mahi's and other manufacture's uses orange.
- US based manufacture prevents single serve manufacturing from selling these clips online (on their own).
- Chinese based manufacturing produces the same clip in several colors: purple, "hot purple," or "hot pink." Any one can purchase these clips and repackage/rebundle and sell all marketplaces.
- Customer Issue: All clips melt after the second or third use. The melting issue is well documented in all customer reviews on Amazon.
Pooki's Mahi's clip will either be black/orange or orange - whichever is available at the time of purchase through our manufacture. This is the approved (QA verified) adapter.
Adapter Type #2: Keurig 2.0 Freedom Stickers
- US based manufacture, Ekobrands LLC, produced EkoBrew.
- Customer Issue: It takes longer to "sticker" the cup. Some times the sticker will not work.
Pooki's Mahi's Ops team hasn't QA'd this Adapter.
Adapter Type #3: Resuable Keurig 2.0 Adapter (similar to Ekobrew)
- We're not sure where this cup is manufactured; however our sources informed us it is from the same Chinese Manufacture making the purple clips.
- Customer Issues: Lids will not close. If you don't use a filter then coffee grinds are "stuck" at the bottom resulting in water "exploding" up/outwards of the cup. Adapter does not work with the Keurig 2.0 K500 model.
Pooki's Mahi's Ops team will not QA this Adapter because it is cost prohibitive and it does not align to Pooki's Mahi's product roadmap.
We've documented in detail which brewers our single serves will work in. You will also find the same information on Amazon, Pooki's Mahi's Amazon Store and on PookisMahi.com, and Pooki's Mahi's Subscriptions.
GROUND RULES: Customer Behaving Badly
We had one customer who harassed, cyber-bullied our Customer Success Team and broke our general ground rules. Filing multiple cases for the same issue is unprofessional and you will come across as a cyber bully. Customers like this will always complain regardless of the support provided. Every shipment or time spent on a case is associated with a cost. Pooki's Mahi has a strict zero tolerance Cyber Bully Policy. We document and report all instances to the appropriate legal authorities and refuse service.
Article: It's OK To Fire Your Bad Customers
Pooki's Mahi's Policies & Ground Rules: http://goo.gl/SGrYJY
Real Life Examples of Customer Behaving Badly:
- Customer submits a case on Friday 3:00pm PT (Pooki's Mahi's Customer Success hours are from 9:00am - 12:00pm PT). Files a follow up case on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Who died?
- Customer insists Pooki's Mahi "must ship another Keurig 2.0 Adapter because it is the right thing to do." Refer to this article on policies.
- Customer places an order on Sunday 11:30pm PT and insists order must arrive on Monday and no later than Wednesday (before Thanksgiving or a major holiday). Refer to the Fulfillment Policies.
- Customer threatens Customer Success Team or any Pooki's Mahi team member with bodily harm. Refer to Zero Tolerance Cyber Bully Policy.
- Customer calls 2 times on Monday, 3 times on Tuesday, 5 times on Wednesday. Refer to Ground Rules section.
Original Note posted 4/2015:
At this time Pooki's Mahi's ECO Single Serves and Single Serves work on Keurig 1.0 or similar single serve brewers. Customers that have a Keurig 2.0 machine must purchase an adapter like the Freedom Clip from Gourmet Coffee (Rogers Family Coffee).
We monitor and update our Customer Success Center.